International Redundancy from Cox’s Bazaar
Submitted by super-admin on Fri, 04/29/2016 - 10:52
- Discussion on this was started during former government when Lyonpo himself had discussed and secured concurrence from his Bangladeshi counterpart.
- The GoI has also given its concurrence and asked us to deal with operators since they felt it was a techno-commercial initiative.
- The plan is to either set up a third international gateway preferably at Samdrup Jongkhar or in Gelephu if Samdrup Jongkhar is not feasible.
- Several rounds of meetings have been held with Bhutan Telecom and Tashi InfoComm to realize this connection. However they are citing difficulties due to lack of interest from their partners in India.
- Power grid of India’s support has been secured. They have shared their fiber routes which could be used for this purpose. The same has been shared with BT and TICL
- A consultative workshop of BT, TICL, their partners from India, PGCIL and MOIC would help to take this forward.