Upon receiving dhar from His Majesty The King today, Mr.Phuntsho Tobgay,Director General of Department of Geology & Mines,Ministry of Economic Affairs joined as the Hon’ble Secretary for the Ministry of Information & Communications.
Contents of issue No. 43
1. Continuation: Prof. Cho wins major IAF award: Frank J. Malina Astronautics Medal
2. Poster session during “Rocket Propulsion” course of Summer 2019
3. News from Paraguay: CABURE+I 4S
4. “Africa Space Forum” during TICAD 7
5. New Kyutech brochure for 2019-2020
6. BIRDS-1 member Turo defends his Phd thesis in public hearing on 31 July 2019
7. Summer of 2019: Kyutech Open Campus, 2nd and 3rd August
8. Kyutech undertook a visit to Makerere University in Uganda
9. Kokura fireworks of 2 Aug 2019
Contents of issue No. 42
1. Prof. Mengu Cho wins the prestigious Frank J. Malina Astronautics Medal for 2019
2. The Logistics of the International Space Station -- this is a video worth watching
3. Dr Taiwo Tejumola (BIRDS-1 Project Manager) was invited to serve as a competition judge
4. Olayinka's World – Column #12
5. Space: The next trillion dollar industry
6. G. Maeda visited Mauritius to deliver presentation & to discuss avenues of collaboration
7. Congratulations to Dr. Pauline Faure: The Lockheed Endowed Professorship 2019 award
Department of Information Technology and Telecom (DITT) hosted two days event to formally launch the DrukREN-TEIN (Asi@Connect) link and technical workshop on telemedicine on 20th August 2019 followed by presentations on network
management on 21st August, 2019.
The Bhutan Computer Incident Response Team(BtCIRT) under Department of IT and Telecom, MoIC is organising a week long workshop on secure coding supported by Asi@Connect and Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre(APNIC). The workshop has over 50 participants with application developers and administrators from various sectors including Colleges, ISPs, Banks, Bhutan Power Corporation, Government Agencies and the Private Sector.
The 19th APT Policy and Regulatory Forum (PRF-19) begins here at Thimphu. The forum is being organized by the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) and hosted by the Ministry of Information and Communications (MoIC) of Bhutan. Three days forum will see discussion on the ICT policies and regulation, digital inclusion, emerging technology, digital identity etc..It is been attend by all APT Members, Associate Members, Affiliate Members, International/Regional Organizations.
BtCIRT is organising a workshop on Secure Coding from August 19-23, 2019. If you would like to participate, please fill in your details in the form below and you will be notified if your application is successful.
Please note that only the event fee and expenses for lunch and refreshments are covered by the organiser. Also note that this registration is only open for the private sector employees.
Registration remains open till August 10, 2019.
Issue No. 41 was released on 30 June, 2019.
The Department of Information Technology and Telecom conducted 6th National Website Competition (2018-19) among the websites of government, corporate, autonomous and interested private agencies and evaluated 134 websites. The result of the competition is attached HERE for your reference
We offer our wishes and prayers for the happiness and well being of our beloved Queen on this auspicious occasion of Her Majesty’s Birth Anniversary.
Issue No. 56 was released on 23 September, 2020
1. First impressions of “BIRDS-style education”, by new staff member of LaSEINE
2. Japan Gov’t Scholarships: summary of SDGs Global Leader
3. Japan Gov’t Scholarships: summary of ABE Initiative
4. English-Japanese dictionaries: The first ones
5. Implementation Plan of the Basic Plan on Space Policy
6. SEIC: Special guest lecture by Dr. Adolfo Chaves Jiménez of Costa Rica
7. BIRDS-4: Each member introduces his or her work for the project
The Department of IT & Telecom would like to request registration of the IT/ITES and IT retail firms in the country. The purpose of registration is to maintain an updated database of IT/ITES and IT retail firms in the country. This database will be used as a directory for any communication or collaboration with the companies in the future. Therefore, please kindly consider it mandatory and request to register via following the link below
The Department of Information Technology & Telecom, Ministry of Information and Communications is conducting 8th National Website competition (2020-2021), we would like to inform that the registration for the National Website Competition is open. Interested private/corporate/institutes/individuals and other non government agencies can register for the competition in the link given below latest by 3rd October, 2020. For further information contact Ms. Menlam Choden at firstname.lastname@example.org