100 000s of People from 110+ Countries Select Names for Exoplanet Systems In Celebration of IAU’s 100th Anniversary
Hackathon 2019 for government IT officials has begun in CBS conference from today. The event is going to last for 54 hours by end of which the groups divided into two that is networking and application development will be making a system according to the details given to them.
On behalf of the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT), ICT Professionals under RGoB are invited to submit application for the APT-Republic of Korea Scholarship Programme for the year 2019 which is in collaboration with the Ministry of Science and ICT (MSIT) and the Seoul National University of Science and Technology (SNUT), Republic of Korea.
Please find attachment in the link below , offering letter signed by the APT Secretary General and the following relevant documents for your kind perusal.
The Department is organizing 4th ICT conference with the theme "Building A Smart Nation through Technologies". This year, the conference will focus on discussion on critical aspect of Emerging Technologies, impact in Bhutan on ICT adoption, Managing Cyber Security Risk and Mitigation in Bhutan, Collaboration between Government and ICT Private sector and understanding the experiences and challenges of ICTs.
In keeping with His Majesty’s vision of promoting interest in space, science and astronomy, Bhutan is participating in the NameExoWorlds Project being carried out by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) in celebration of 100 years of IAU. This global project offers an opportunity for each country, including Bhutan, to name an exoplanet and its host star. An exoplanet is a planet outside the solar system. Thousands of exoplanets have been discovered orbiting other stars over the past three decades.
The Department joins the nation in celebrating the 11th coronation anniversary of His Majesty the Druk Gyalpo Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and take this opportunity to offer our humble wishes for Happy and Long Life of His Majesty.
Contents of issue No.45
1. International Space University (ISU) in France is alive and well
2. Kyutech graduates of Fall 2019
3. Report from Paraguay
4. Short report by AEP (space agency of Paraguay) which attended the recent UN workshop
5. JAXA’s “Kibo” module celebrates its 10th anniversary
6. Olayinka's World – Column #14
7. CEO of Astroberry gives seminar at Kyutech
8. Fall 2019 SEIC Orientation
9. NanoRacks in UAE
10. “Highlighting Japan”, a magazine of the Gov’t of Japan
Contents of issue No. 44
1. Applications are now being accepted for UNOOSA/Kyutech PNST
2. BIRDS-3 flight review
3. Two T shirts have been designed for BIRDS-4
4. Kyutech visited TUM, “Technical Univ. Mandalay” in Myanmar
5. 2019 Laboratory Summer Camp at Sasebo
6. The 7th UNISEC-GLOBAL meeting
7. Pre-TICAD report: Ghana minister (MESTI) visits Kyutech
8. Workshop on space radiation interaction, Greece
9. Myanmar holds its first space conference in at Tech. Univ. Mandalay (TUM)
10. A new 2-minute video from JAXA Washington DC
The Department of Information Technology & Telecom, Ministry of Information and Communications is conducting 7th National Website competition (2019-2020), we would like to inform that the registration for the National Website Competition is open. Interested private/corporate/institutes/individuals and other non government agencies can register for the competition in the link given below latest by 11th October, 2019. For further information contact Ms. Kamala at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hon’ble Minister, Karma Donnen Wangdi, Minister of Information and Communications, Royal Government of Bhutan, attended the opening ceremony and the leadership dialogue of the ITU Regional Development Forum for Asia and the Pacific which was held virtually on 2nd November, 2020 at 11:00 AM (BST). The leadership dialogue was also attended by:
1) H.E. Mr. Bob Loughman Weibur, Prime Minister, Vanuatu
2) H.E. Mr. Abdul Halim Iskandar, Minister of Villages, Development, Advantaged Regions and Transmigration, Republic of Indonesia
Hon’ble Minister, Karma Donnen Wangdi, Minister of Information and Communications, Royal Government of Bhutan, will be attending the opening ceremony and the leadership dialogue of the ITU Regional Development Forum for Asia and the Pacific which will be held virtually on 2nd November, 2020 at 11:00 AM (BST). The theme of the leadership dialogue is “Cross-sectoral collaboration to drive digital development and progress towards SDGs.”
Issue No. 57 was released on 26 October, 2020
1. SEIC: Special guest lecture by Dr. Werner Balogh of WMO
2. Uchū Daikaijū Dogora (宇宙大怪獣ドゴラ, lit. "Giant Space Monster Dogora")
3. Handover Ceremony of BIRDS-4 Project
4. Check out monthly virtual meetings of UNISEC-Global
5. BIRDS-5 MDR occurred on 29 September, 16:20-20:30
6. Highlighting Japan: Sept 2020 Issue, by the Government of Japan
7. BIRDS-4: The monthly newsletter by the team
8. President of JAXA provided a message for Paraguay’s 4th Space Conference