Contents of issue No.48
Contents of issue No.47
1. Report from Paraguay
2. BIRDS-3 member writes Annual Progress Report for NAST
3. Highlighting the food culture of Japan
4. IAF Awards for Prof. Cho and SEIC students mentioned at Kyutech web site
5. Country report during APRSAF: Nepal reports BIRDS-3 as its first satellite in space
6. You can put a message into the beacon signal of BIRDS-3 satellites
7. IAC student report: scenes of Washington DC
8. Event in Thailand: 2019 International Alliance Volunteers Conference
9. Report from Sudan
Contents of issue No.46
1. UN/IAF workshop right before 2019 IAC in Washington D.C.
2. SEIC and BIRDS students participated in 2019 IAC in Washington D.C.
3. Some preliminary earth images taken by BIRDS-3 satellites
4. Outstanding video about the space business
5. 3D passive microwave observations every point on Earth every 15 minutes
6. BIRDS-3 team took a trip to Itoshima (Fukuoka Prefecture)
7. Report from Sudan, by Dr Moutaman
8. Cal Poly students gave presentations during weekly seminar
Inspired by the vision of His Majesty the King, Bhutan started space activities in 2016 by participating in the 2nd Joint Global Multi-Nations BIRDS CubeSat Project which was hosted at Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan. As a result, the country’s first satellite named BHUTAN-1 was developed and launched in 2018. Following the launch of the country’s maiden satellite, much interest among the general public and especially the youth has been generated.
United Nations/Japan Long-term Fellowship Programme 2020 Post-graduate study on Nano-Satellite Technologies (PNST) in Kitakyushu, Japan.
100 000s of People from 110+ Countries Select Names for Exoplanet Systems In Celebration of IAU’s 100th Anniversary
Hackathon 2019 for government IT officials has begun in CBS conference from today. The event is going to last for 54 hours by end of which the groups divided into two that is networking and application development will be making a system according to the details given to them.
On behalf of the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT), ICT Professionals under RGoB are invited to submit application for the APT-Republic of Korea Scholarship Programme for the year 2019 which is in collaboration with the Ministry of Science and ICT (MSIT) and the Seoul National University of Science and Technology (SNUT), Republic of Korea.
Please find attachment in the link below , offering letter signed by the APT Secretary General and the following relevant documents for your kind perusal.
The Department is organizing 4th ICT conference with the theme "Building A Smart Nation through Technologies". This year, the conference will focus on discussion on critical aspect of Emerging Technologies, impact in Bhutan on ICT adoption, Managing Cyber Security Risk and Mitigation in Bhutan, Collaboration between Government and ICT Private sector and understanding the experiences and challenges of ICTs.
In keeping with His Majesty’s vision of promoting interest in space, science and astronomy, Bhutan is participating in the NameExoWorlds Project being carried out by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) in celebration of 100 years of IAU. This global project offers an opportunity for each country, including Bhutan, to name an exoplanet and its host star. An exoplanet is a planet outside the solar system. Thousands of exoplanets have been discovered orbiting other stars over the past three decades.
Issue No. 57 was released on 26 October, 2020
1. SEIC: Special guest lecture by Dr. Werner Balogh of WMO
2. Uchū Daikaijū Dogora (宇宙大怪獣ドゴラ, lit. "Giant Space Monster Dogora")
3. Handover Ceremony of BIRDS-4 Project
4. Check out monthly virtual meetings of UNISEC-Global
5. BIRDS-5 MDR occurred on 29 September, 16:20-20:30
6. Highlighting Japan: Sept 2020 Issue, by the Government of Japan
7. BIRDS-4: The monthly newsletter by the team
8. President of JAXA provided a message for Paraguay’s 4th Space Conference
Issue No. 56 was released on 23 September, 2020
1. First impressions of “BIRDS-style education”, by new staff member of LaSEINE
2. Japan Gov’t Scholarships: summary of SDGs Global Leader
3. Japan Gov’t Scholarships: summary of ABE Initiative
4. English-Japanese dictionaries: The first ones
5. Implementation Plan of the Basic Plan on Space Policy
6. SEIC: Special guest lecture by Dr. Adolfo Chaves Jiménez of Costa Rica
7. BIRDS-4: Each member introduces his or her work for the project
The Department of IT & Telecom would like to request registration of the IT/ITES and IT retail firms in the country. The purpose of registration is to maintain an updated database of IT/ITES and IT retail firms in the country. This database will be used as a directory for any communication or collaboration with the companies in the future. Therefore, please kindly consider it mandatory and request to register via following the link below