Information Security and BtCIRT
Submitted by super-admin on སྤེན།, 04/29/2016 - 11:19
- The RGOB has approved Information Management and Security Policy of RGOB in 2009.
- The establishment of BtCIRT is planned in 11 FYP with funding support from ITU and World Bank.
- BtCIRT has started operation from 21st April
- The team comprises of 5 members who are full time staff of the DITT.
- The BtCIRT provides services such as computer incident handling, security monitoring, assessment and mitigation and promoting awareness of cyber security risks and protection. If there are computer incidents, an individual or agency can report the issue through the form in the BtCIRT website (www.btcirt.bt) or directly contact the team over the phone or via emails at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The team will coordinate response activities and provide assistance to the affected individual or agency. In addition the team will proactively collect information regarding security vulnerabilities and it will communicate with constituents in order to disseminate appropriate vulnerability information.
- The other service of BtCIRT is to raise general awareness of security threats by using different instruments such as meetings, seminars, articles, media and similar methods.
- A sensitization/awareness workshop was carried out from 19th - 21st April, 2016 on the operation of a CIRT. The workshop was attended by ICT focal points from ministries, large autonomous agencies, banks , ISPs, Bhutan Power corporation and other relevant stakeholders.