Draft BICM Act
Submitted by super-admin on སྤེན།, 04/29/2016 - 10:48
- The BICM Act 2006 is undergoing revision which is to be re-submitted to Cabinet for endorsement to be discussed in the upcoming summer session of parliament.
- Inputs from the Department is required for the ICT/Telecommunications and the cyber Security portion of the Act.
- The draft has been presented to cabinet 3 times with each session resulting in specific changes and recommendations.
- Based on the final instructions of the Cabinet the act has been changed and presented to the ministry and shared with the OAG as instructed.
- The OAG has requested for time and therefore at the moment it looks unlikely that the act can be presented to the summer session of parliament.