Submitted by super-admin on Fri, 04/29/2016 - 10:55
- A Wimax project under APT funding was implemented in 2012-2013.
- The technology has been established in three sites of Ura, Phobjikha and Shengana.
- A presentation of the project’s success was also made by the division to APT meeting in Bangladesh in 2013.
- Tashi InfoComm was the partner ISP for the project. An agreement has been executed between DITT and Tashi InfoComm.
- The WiMax network is handed over to Tashi InfoComm and they are required to report to DITT on a routine basis on their learnings from the pilot project.